Download SPECTRA (ver. 11.0.0)
Before downloading, pay attention to the followings:
SPECTRA is available on platforms such as Windows, Mac OS and LINUX.
- Even if you suffer losses and damages by using SPECTRA, the authors are not responsible for compensating for them.
- Even if problems and bugs are found about SPECTRA, the authors are not responsible for version up.
Notice on the release of Ver. 11
- The input and output formats have been changed to JSON
- If you need text output files as in the older versions (10.2 or earlier), select "ASCII" or "Both" as the output format in the "Output Format" subpanel
- The output file name is automatically determined, without the file selection dialog box; before starting any calculation, specify the data folder and prefix (+ serial number)
- A number of calculation types (those using the so-called far-field approximation) have been moved under "Far Field & Ideal Condition" menu
- 32-bit versions are not supported any longer
- Calling the solver without GUI has been officially supported; refer to the reference manual for details
Uncompress the zipped file and move the whole directory ("spectra") to a desired location. Note: self-executable installer is no more available.
Mac OS X Version
Important Notes for Users of Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or Later
- Because of the security enhancement made in 10.12, many (freely-available) applications downloaded from anywhere out of the App Store may fail, which is known as an "App Translocation" problem. To avoid this and run SPECTRA correctly, the users should once move the executable file ("spectra" application file in the SPECTRA directory, or more correctly "spectra.app" directory) to somewhere out of the SPECTRA directory, then return it to the original location.
- In 10.15 (Catalina, and maybe in 10.16 or later), you need to run "spectra" by right-click (or holding the Control key) and "open" (maybe you need to do this twice). In addition, the solvers ("spectra_solver_nompi", and "spectra_solver" for parallel computing) and the parameter file converter ("conv_spectra") should be run by the same procedure. This process is needed only once (for the first time you run SPECTRA).
- If the above procedure does not work, please try to remove the extended attributes of the whole directory (xattr -rc spectra).
Important Notes for Linux Users
- In several distributions, you need to change the owner and mode of the file "chrome-sandbox" before starting SPECTRA.
- As of 2021 Jan., this operation is need for CentOS (7.9) and Debian (10.7). For others like Fedora (32) and OpenSUSE (15.1), no special operation is needed to start SPECTRA
sudo chown root chrome-sandbox
sudo chmod 4755 chrome-sandbox
Web-Application Version (common to all platforms)
You need to copy the platform-specific solver (spectra_solver_nompi) contained in one of the above packages. For details of how to run, refer to the reference manual.