Download SIMPLEX (ver. 2.1.1)
Before downloading, pay attention to the followings:
- Even if you suffer losses and damages by using SIMPLEX, the authors are not responsible for compensating for them.
- Even if problems and bugs are found about SIMPLEX, the authors are not responsible for version up.
Important Notes for Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) UsersBecause of the security enhancement made in this OS, many (freely-available) applications downloaded from anywhere out of the App Store may fail, which is known as an "App Translocation" problem. To avoid this and run SPECTRA correctly, the users should once move the executable file ("spectra" application file in the SPECTRA directory, or more correctly "spectra.app" directory) to somewhere out of the SPECTRA directory, then return it to the original location. This "incantation" will fix the problem.
Parallel computing supportThe users who need to enable parallel computing are required to configure the MPI environment specific to each OS.
- Windows: Install Microsoft MPI (MS-MPI), which is available from the Microsoft web site (free as of 2017 April).
- Mac OS X: Install "mpich" package, for example via MacPorts.
- LINUX: Install "mpich" package via a package manager such as yum or apt. In some distributions, full compilation from the source may be necessary.
Windows Version (Self-Executable Installer)Save simplex_win(32or64).exe (self-extracting program) in a desired folder and run it. Follow the messages to continue installation. If download fails, please try zipped version below.
Windows Version (Zipped Self-Executable Installer)Save simplex_win(32or64).zip (zipped formatted installer, to avoid problems in downloading *.exe files) in a desired folder and uncompress it. Run simplex_win(32or64).exe. Follow the messages to continue installation.
Mac OS X VersionSave simplex_macosx.zip in a desired folder and expand it. (Simply double-clicking the downloaded file probably starts the expansion process.)
Linux VersionSave simplex_linux(32or64).tar.gz to desired folder and execute "tar -xzvf simplex_linux(32or64).tar.gz". Note that linking of the latest version (since 10.1.0) has been done as statically as possible (on Ubuntu 16.04), and thus the executables will probably run on most LINUX distributions. Refer to the results of demonstration on a number of different distributions below.
- simplex_linux64.tar.gz compiled on Ubuntu 16.04 (64 bit)
- simplex_linux32.tar.gz compiled on Ubuntu 16.04 (32 bit)
|Distribution||Error||Warning||MPICH installation||How to repair?|
|Cent OS 7||None||None||Package installation (yum)|
|Fedora 25||None||None||Package installation (yum)|
|Debian 8.7.1||None||canberra-gtk-module||Package installation (apt)|
|OpenSUSE 42.2||libGLU.so.1 not found||None||Compilation required||install freeglut-devel|